7 Things That Can Sabotage Your Weight Loss Goals
At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center, we have helped hundreds of healthy patients get over the hump of melting away stubborn fat pockets through procedures like liposuction and tummy tucks in Aurora. Many of these patients are avid exercisers who eat healthy but can’t seem to trim down certain areas of their bodies. Dr. Name has helped these patients achieve the physiques they desire.
On the flip side, we also have patients who come to our office hoping that these types of plastic surgery procedures will be a quick solution for weight loss in Aurora…without all of the hard work. Often these individuals feel they are doing the “right things” to lose weight and are frustrated because their efforts are not working. In fact, there are certain things that can sabotage your weight loss efforts.
If you are having trouble getting fit, see if you are falling into any of these weight loss traps:
- Not eating: When you deprive yourself of healthy calories, your body will actually store fat so you have enough energy to get through the day.
- Fad diets: Even if you lose weight in the short-term, it’s nearly impossible to maintain some of the crazy fad diet rules for any length of time. You are better off adopting a healthy, well-balanced diet with fruits, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains and low-fat dairy.
- Not exercising: In order to lose weight, you must eat healthy and exercise regularly – 30 to 60 minutes daily.
- Consuming empty calories: Eliminating sugary sodas, juices and alcoholic beverages from your diet is a great start to positive weight loss.
- Stress: If you have chronic stress in your life you may be storing more fat. Try adopting stress-reducing activities into your day, such as yoga, meditation or walking outdoors.
- Accidental overconsumption: Sometimes we eat without realizing it! Keep a food journal and write down everything you eat each day – you may uncover your weight gain culprits.
- Sleep patterns: If you are sleeping too much or too little, you may pack on extra pounds.
Plastic surgery should never be considered an alternative to a healthy lifestyle, but it can help supplement the hard work you put into making your body fit. To learn if your body and health are right for a plastic surgery procedure, contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center to schedule a free Cosmetic Consultation in Aurora. We also have a free online Cosmetic Self-Evaluation you can take to see what might be right for you. Visit serotamd.com or call 303-367-9000 today.