Thanks for stopping by.
The purpose of this blog is to inform, update, and at times to entertain you about plastic surgery and the happenings around Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center.
We hope you enjoy - please check back for new posts often.
Posted by administration on January 17, 2017
A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness. These changes can result from weight fluctuations, pregnancy, aging, gravity, heredity and other factors. A breast lift can rejuvenate drooping, sagging breasts by trimming excess skin and tightening supporting tissues to achieve an uplifted, firmer contour. A breast lift can also rejuvenate your breast profile and provide you with a higher level of self-confidence.
During your breast lift consultation in Denver, Dr. Serota will take measurements and discuss what is recommended for your unique needs. You will learn about the operation and the recovery. Your breast lift consultation is a great opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the procedure. Below are some common breast lift questions you may want to ask during your consultation with Dr. Serota:
- How many breast lift procedures have you performed?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- What surgical technique is recommended for me?
- Where will my incisions be placed?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- How long can I expect bruising and swelling to persist?
- Will I have drains?
- Will I need to wear a special bra? If so, for how long?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- How can I expect my lifted breasts to look over time? After pregnancy? After breastfeeding?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my lifted breasts?
- Do you have before and after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?
Posted by administration on January 17, 2017
Preparing for cosmetic surgery is an important part of your decision to have a cosmetic procedure in Denver. Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center understands that the most prepared patients experience less pain and enjoy better results following their surgery.
Regardless of the procedure you plan to undergo, preparing for cosmetic surgery can seem overwhelming, even a little scary, but it doesn’t have to be! Of course, specific procedures may require specific preparation, but there are some general things you can do when preparing for any type of cosmetic surgery:
- Get plenty of rest – before and after. Sleep is critical before and after your cosmetic surgery. Getting enough sleep helps to amp up your body’s defenses and better prepares you for your procedure. Post-surgery rest also speeds up the recovery process.
- Load up on nutrients. The vitamins and minerals in healthy, nutrient-dense foods give your body the fuel it needs to heal and recover after your procedure, and some have added benefits specific to cosmetic surgery. Nutrients like bromelain (found in pineapple) can help with swelling, inflammation and pain after surgery. Vitamin C can help fortify your immune system (which prevents infections) and also helps to promote wound healing.
- Talk to your doctor about all medications you’re taking. Some prescription medications, as well as ibuprofen, acetaminophen and aspirin, can interfere with your surgery so it’s important to talk to your surgeon about all of your current medications.
- Quit smoking and avoid using alcohol. Smoking disrupts your body’s ability to heal quickly and it seriously constricts blood and oxygen flow to your body’s healthy cells. Alcohol increases your risk for infection, suppresses your immune system and can increase bleeding.
Choosing to have cosmetic surgery is an important personal decision. Just like any other surgery, you must be sure to properly prepare yourself physically and mentally before you undergo cosmetic surgery of any kind. Contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center today at 303-367-9000 or serotamd.com to learn more about preparing for cosmetic surgery.
Posted by administration on January 11, 2017
Although most liposuction patients are females, more men are becoming aware of the benefits of this procedure. Over the years, cosmetic surgery for men, particularly liposuction, has increased significantly in popularity. Liposuction for men is not a replacement for diet and exercise, but it can be an effective way to improve men’s physiques with minimal scarring and fairly low rates of complications.
The most common liposuction areas for men are the flanks (love handles), the lower abdomen, chest (breast area) and the neck. The skin of the flanks is generally thick and elastic, and it will shrink down nicely for most men after the removal of fat. The abdomen can get great results as well, but is dependent on the patient’s skin quality. Liposuction will give most men a leaner, more athletic appearance.
Liposuction recovery is usually minimal, providing the amount of fat to be removed is not excessive and the patient is in good shape. Skin elasticity is generally better in men than in women since they have not had their skin stretched by pregnancy. Recovery time is generally 2 to 3 days before normal activities can be resumed with the exception of vigorous exercising.
The risks of liposuction for men are essentially the same as for women and are fairly low. The most common issues tend to be bruising, swelling and mild irregularities after surgery.
If you are interested in liposuction for men or would like more information about how the procedure can help you achieve a more desirable physique, contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center at 303-367-9000 or serotamd.com to schedule a consultation with Dr. Serota.
Posted by administration on January 11, 2017
From fine lines and wrinkles to sagging skin, the telltale signs of aging often appear on our faces first. Facial plastic surgery can help turn back the hands of time, allowing us to look younger and more vibrant. For men and women who are unhappy with their appearance, there are numerous facial plastic surgery procedures available.
Popular facial plastic surgery procedures include:
Brow Lift: Brow lift surgery is a facial plastic surgery procedure that addresses sagging brows, as well as deep lines and wrinkles on the forehead. The procedure can help you look more youthful and rested.
Cheek Augmentation: Cheek augmentation is a facial plastic surgery solution for individuals who are seeking enhanced facial definition. Cheek implants come in a variety of shapes and sizes and can be custom shaped to augment weak facial structure or combat the effects of aging.
Chin Augmentation: Chin augmentation surgery involves the placement of a small implant used to enhance the chin and create a stronger profile or more balanced facial features.
Chin Reduction: Chin reduction surgery involves the removal of some of the patient's natural jaw bone to create balance of the patient's facial features.
Ear Surgery (Otoplasty): Ear surgery, also known as ear pinning or otoplasty, is a procedure that is available to both adults and children with protruding ears.
Eyelid Surgery: Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) involves the removal of excess skin and fat around the eyes. Eyelid surgery is designed to rejuvenate the eye area and eliminate the tired appearance of aging eyes.
Face Lift: Face lift surgery is designed to address moderate to deep facial wrinkles and reduce or eliminate the more obvious signs of aging, including sagging facial skin. The procedure is ideal for men and women who are concerned with deep wrinkles and problem areas near the jaw and lower portion of the face.
Lip Augmentation: Lip augmentation can be achieved through soft, pliable lip implants or with cosmetic dermal fillers. The goal of lip augmentation procedures is to create fuller, plumper lips that look more youthful.
Rhinoplasty (Nose Job): Rhinoplasty is a popular facial plastic surgery procedure that can help create a better balance between the features of the face by reshaping the structure of the nose.
If you are considering facial plastic surgery in Denver, schedule a consultation with Dr. Serota. Contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center at 303-367-9000 or serotamd.com today to find out if facial plastic surgery is right for you.
Posted by administration on January 02, 2017
Because plastic and cosmetic surgery encompass such a wide range of procedures, the healing and recovery times will naturally vary from patient to patient depending on the procedure. In some cases a patient will undergo multiple procedures at a time, which will also have an effect on how long it will take to fully recover. Below are some tips to consider for the recovery of plastic surgery.
- Arrange transportation for the day of surgery and for your follow-up appointments. Anticipate that you will not be able to drive on the day of surgery or while you are taking pain medication.
- Expect swelling and bruising. Nearly all cosmetic surgery procedures involve swelling and bruising. As swelling and bruising fades, you will begin to see your results.
- If you had surgery on your face or neck, keep your head elevated for 2-3 days to minimize swelling and speed recovery. Keeping your head elevated will reduce your recovery time.
- Plan your recovery time. Depending upon the surgery, recovery time could range from a few days to a few weeks. Keep this in mind because it affects your work, family and social schedules after surgery.
- Consider arranging for care for the initial 48-72 hours after surgery. Although you may want to quickly resume your normal routine, having someone there to assist you will bring peace of mind and allow the healing process to begin with less disruption.
- You may be able to return to work between three days and two weeks following most cosmetic operations, depending on the procedure and your occupation.
- Consult with your doctor before taking any vitamins or herbal medications which you may believe are harmless. Some of these may interfere with your recovery.
- Do not exercise before you are cleared to do so by your doctor, even if you feel able. Exercise may worsen your swelling and compromise your final result.
- Use extreme caution when exposing yourself to the sun following surgery. Use sunblock with proper UV protection to protect your skin.
- Rehydrate your body often. Surgery of any kind can reduce fluids in your body. Drinking water frequently will help replenish these lost fluids. Also, eat lightly for the first few days and only food that is easy to swallow and digest.
- Be realistic in your expectations. Let's face it, you're going to look worse before getting better.
Recovery of plastic surgery is a process that should not be rushed, you will need adequate time to properly heal. Allowing your body the time it needs to fully recovery will lead to more rewarding results.
For more information about recovery from plastic surgery in Denver, contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center at 303-367-9000 or serotamd.com to schedule a consultation with Dr. Serota.
To find out more about our cosmetic procedures please contact us or take our online cosmetic self evaluation to find out what procedures might be best for you. To schedule your personal consultation with the Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center in Aurora, Colorado call 303-367-9000.