Avoid Certain Vitamins Before Surgery
Vitamins are supposed to be good for you, right? Not necessarily. If you’re planning on having cosmetic surgery, you need to let your surgeon know what vitamins and supplements you are taking. At Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center in Denver, we obtain a thorough medical history before making any cosmeric surgery plan.
Following are some of the items that we recommend you avoid before surgery. Be sure to inform us if you are or have a history of taking any of these:
Here is a list of some reactions/interactions:
- Vitamin A - will actually help healing if you're on steroids
- Vitamin C - important in the formation of collagen, i.e. healing tissues
- Vitamin E - increased risk of bleeding
- Dong Quai - may increase risk of bleeding
- Feverfew - may increase risk of bleeding
- Fish oil - increased risk of bleeding
- Garlic - may increase risk of bleeding
- Ginkgo - may affect your blood pressure
- St. John's Wort - interacts with many medications
If you are considering a cosmetic surgery procedure in Denver, including liposuction, brow lift or breast augmentation, contact the staff at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center to schedule a consultation at 303-367-9000 or serotamd.com.