Get Fit, Stay Young-Looking with Outdoor Exercise
When the weather is warm, it’s a great time to break free from the gym doldrums and pursue outdoor activities like hiking, biking, running, walking, swimming and more. In fact, studies have shown that when you mix up your fitness routines, you will keep your muscles and brain stimulated, prevent overuse injuries and break through weight loss plateaus.
However, many of us forget how unforgiving the intense sun can be on our skin.
Tips to Keep Your Skin Healthy When Exercising Outside
To avoid getting leathery skin, sagging breasts and facial wrinkles or creases in Denver, follow these tips:
- Apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 that protects against UVA and UVB rays every time you go outside to help prevent premature wrinkles and skin discoloration. You need sunscreen even if you are only going out for a short run or if you have skin that tans easily. Apply sunscreen 20 minutes before you go outside and reapply it every 1-2 hours.
- Be especially vigilant about sunscreen application when exercising near water and sand, as these areas can reflect and intensify sunlight.
- Wear a hat and protective UV-blocking sunglasses to keep crow’s feet and brow furrows at bay.
- Drink plenty of water (or sports drinks if the exercise is intense) during your workout to properly hydrate your body.
- Wear support garments to help prevent breast sagging.
- Avoid outdoor exercise when air pollution is high to reduce the effects of free radicals on the skin.
- Avoid outdoor exercise during the hottest period of the day, between 10am and 4pm.
- Shower after exercise to rid your face and body of toxins and sweat.
If you’ve been an avid outdoor exerciser in Denver and are experiencing some negative effects on your face or body, Dr. Serota at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center can help restore younger-looking skin by providing:
Schedule your free Cosmetic Consultation at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center today by calling 303-367-9000 or visiting serotamd.com.