Mommy Makeover Timetable
Women’s bodies endure a lot of change throughout pregnancy and even months following childbirth. The abdomen and breasts take the brunt of the changes, with both growing larger to accommodate a growing baby inside the womb as well as producing milk to nourish the child when born.
It takes 9+ months for these changes to occur…and some women become discouraged and even depressed when their bodies don’t bounce back to their original shape in the months following pregnancy. After all, celebrity moms are typically portrayed in the media to show it’s easy to lose weight after pregnancy. Of course, if you’ve ever had a baby, you know this simply isn’t true. Women need to allow their bodies time to readjust, and that timetable will vary from mom to mom. There is no magic date by which you should lose your pregnancy weight.
Weight loss aside, even when some moms do achieve their goal weight, they may still have physical changes that keep them from feeling their former confident, sexy selves…changes such as:
- Sagging breasts
- Smaller breasts
- Excess abdominal skin
- Stubborn fat that won’t disappear despite diet and exercise
These frustrations have become so commonplace that plastic surgeons now offer Mommy Makeovers to help moms restore their pre-pregnancy confidence. Mommy Makeovers in Aurora typically include a combination of plastic surgery procedures, including:
- Breast lift to perk up sagging breasts
- Breast augmentation / breast implants to increase breast size
- Tummy tuck to reduce excess abdominal skin
- Liposuction to reduce stubborn fat
When is a Mommy Makeover Recommended?
Again, there is no magic time set in stone by which a mom can have a Mommy Makeover. Every patient is completely unique. The only way to know for sure if your body is right for a Mommy Makeover is by scheduling a free Cosmetic Consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon like Dr. Serota at Advnaced Cosmetic Surgery Center.
There are some general guidelines that can help you determine the right time for this group of procedures:
- You have achieved and maintained your goal weight for at least 6 months
- You have stopped breastfeeding for 6 months and your breasts have stopped producing milk
- You do not plan to have additional pregnancies (you may require additional surgeries if you have more children)
Dr. Serota can discuss Aurora Mommy Makeover options and outline realistic expectations for the outcomes of your procedures during a free Cosmetic Consultation. Call 303-367-9000.