Most Popular Cosmetic Surgery Procedures in 2013
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons gathers cosmetic statistics each year and compiles them into a Plastic Surgery Statistics Report. We like to share these numbers with our patients to reinforce that plastic surgery is helping millions of men and women look younger and feel more confident. If you have been considering updating your appearance, it might be time to consider plastic surgery in Denver and Aurora, Colorado. With all of the options available today, the right treatment for you might be less invasive than you think.
There were 15.1 million total cosmetic procedures (both surgical and minimally-invasive) performed in the United States in 2013. The top five procedures in each category below were the same as in 2012.
Top Five Cosmetic Surgical Procedures
- Breast Augmentation – 290,000 - up 1%
- Nose Reshaping – 221,000 - down 9%
- Eyelid Surgery – 216,000 - up 6%
- Liposuction – 200,000 - down 1%
- Facelift – 133,000 - up 6%
Top Five Minimally-invasive Procedures
- Botulinum Toxin Type A – 6.3 million (the most injections ever) - up 3%
- Soft Tissue Fillers – 2.2 million - up 13%
- Chemical Peel – 1.2 million - up 3%
- Laser Hair Removal – 1.1 million - down 3%
- Microdermabrasion – 974,000 - no change
Dr. Serota at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center may be able to help you erase or minimize the effects of sun damage in Aurora and Denver, genetics and other environmental factors to rejuvenate your face. The only way to know for sure what procedure is right for you is by scheduling a free Cosmetic Consultation. Visit the website of Dr. Serota at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center to take a free online Cosmetic Self-Evaluation and to read more about the different cosmetic surgery options. Then schedule that free Consultation to meet Dr. Serota and discuss your options in person. Visit serotamd.com or call 303-367-9000 today.