Plastic Surgery Surgeons
Plastic surgery is surgery with the purpose of alteration or restoring the form of the body or face. Though cosmetic surgery is the most well-known kind of plastic surgery, plastic surgery itself is not necessarily considered cosmetic; and includes many types of reconstructive surgery.
Plastic surgeons work to improve patients' appearance and self-image. Plastic surgeons utilize both reconstructive and cosmetic procedures to achieve the goals of the patient.
When searching for plastic surgery surgeons to evaluate for your surgery needs, look for a board certified plastic surgery surgeon, certified by the American Board for Plastic Surgery (ABPS). A plastic surgeon can claim board certification but it can be in an unrelated field.
If your surgeon is ABPS certified, they will have met the following criteria:
- obtained their medical degree from an accredited medical school
- finished at least 3 years or more of general surgery residency training
- finished 2 or 3 years of specialized plastic surgery residency training
- completed at least 2 years of practice as a plastic surgeon
- passed a rigorous written exam in plastic surgery to qualify for the oral exam
- passed a vigorous and strenuous oral exam
To schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, please contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center in Denver at 303-367-9000 or serotamd.com.