Recovery after Plastic Surgery
One of the most frequently asked questions we hear is, “How long will it take to recover from my surgery?” Of course, that answer depends on many factors: the type of procedure, the age and health of the patient, medications, extent of surgery, etc.
While there is no exact answer to this question, there are guidelines that plastic surgeons provide patients as a rule of thumb. For most patients, the following chart is helpful as a guide to recovery of plastic surgery and the amount of time off needed to recover:
- Breast Augmentation, Breast Reduction or Breast Lift – 1-2 weeks
- Brow lift, Facelift or Eyelid Surgery – 2 weeks
- Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) - 1 week
- Liposuction - 1 week
- Male Chest Reduction – 1-2 weeks
- Tummy Tuck- 3-4 weeks
- Mommy Makeover- 3-4 weeks
- Body Lift 3-4 weeks
To learn more about specific recovery times for your unique situation, please schedule a consultation by contacting Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center in Denver at 303-367-9000 or serotamd.com.