Tummy Tuck After C-Section
A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, is used to remove sagging skin and stubborn fat while toning the abdominal muscles. A tummy tuck can be a great option for a woman who has had a Caesarean section (C-section) although it is recommended that the procedure be performed at least six months post-op. It is also very important that you wait until you are done having children before considering the procedure because it is not easily repeated.
The incision for a tummy tuck goes from hip to hip and extends up to the navel, which will be detached and repositioned to a more symmetrical location. After the incision has been made, the skin and the abdominal wall are separated. Dr. Serota will then tighten the muscles by suturing them together. The excess skin and fat is then removed and the area is closed.
Once the abdomen has been closed, Dr. Serota will make a new hole for the belly button and suture it in its new area. Once complete, the wounds are covered with dressings so they can heal.
Benefits of a Tummy Tuck after C-Section
For a healthy woman, who has completely recovered after her pregnancy and Cesarean section, a tummy tuck can:
- Re-create the pre-pregnancy figure (or even improve upon it)
- Do away with C-section scars and scar tissue
- Get rid of abdominal stretch marks
- Flatten the tummy by removing excess fat
- Trim away excess skin
- Contour the waist
- Tone and strengthen the tummy and waist
- Repair separated and stretched abdominal muscles
- Enable better posture due to a well-supported core
- Produce an easily hidden scar that sits just above the pubic area and below the underwear line
- Change from an ”outie” to an “innie” belly button
- Reveal a more youthful figure with a thinner waistline
- Help you fit into those skinny jeans again
- Be more confident in a bikini at the beach
- And more, depending upon each woman’s goals for her tummy tuck procedure
During your consultation in Denver, Dr. Serota will discuss your questions or concerns and help determine if this surgery is best for your individual needs and desires. If you would like additional information about a tummy tuck or would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Serota, please contact Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center at 303-367-9000 or serotamd.com.