Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is a surgical procedure performed to:
- Tighten the abdominal wall
- Remove loose abdominal skin
- Contour the abdomen
- Re-create a youthful shape and more fit appearance
After carrying a baby for nine months, a woman’s body is likely to change. Pregnancy results in weakened abdominal muscles and loose skin around the abdomen. Though rather small prices to pay for the miracle of a child, it is understandable that many women want to regain a semblance of their former figure after the baby comes. A tummy tuck in Denver can be a great option.
What to Expect with a Tummy Tuck
While every patient is unique, most moms desire to have an abdominal appearance similar to what they had before pregnancy. The main goals for getting a tummy tuck are to strengthen the stomach muscles and tighten drooping, excess skin, but an added reason can be the boost to your confidence. Some patients note an improvement in bowel and bladder function as well.
How to Achieve the Best Results
There are several recommendations to get the best results from a tummy tuck after pregnancy:
- Allow yourself the time needed to lose the weight you gained during pregnancy and to achieve a steady weight. Pursuing a tummy tuck too soon after pregnancy, while your weight may still be fluctuating, can interfere with your final outcome. Considering that it took nine months to gain those pounds, be patient with yourself as you drop the weight through proper diet and exercise.
- You’ll get the best results by waiting at least six months post-childbirth and post-nursing before pursuing a tummy tuck. It is generally recommended that the procedure be deferred until after your final pregnancy so that you do not end up stretching out your retightened abs.
- A tummy tuck is a surgery that requires its own recovery time and you want to ensure that your body is strong and healthy enough for optimum results.
Having a baby is a game-changer in every way possible and it is reasonable that you will want to get your waistline back to its former glory. Just make sure you consult with an experienced tummy tuck doctor in Denver to make sure your body can support the procedure.
The doctors at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center in Denver offer free Cosmetic Consultations to analyze your body, your health and your expectations to determine if a tummy tuck is the right procedure for you. Contact them today at 303-367-9000 or serotamd.com.