Wondering about Liposuction Benefits?
Liposuction can boost self-confidence and significantly improve appearance. Many women (and men) swear by liposuction and some have the procedure performed on more than one area of the body.
In addition to a boost in appearance and self-esteem, the benefits of liposuction include:
- Removing benign fatty tumors (lipomas).
- Adjusting abnormal enlargement of the male breasts (gynecomastia or pseudogynecomastia).
- Resolving problems with metabolism of fat in the body (lipodystrophy).
- Reducing excessive sweating in the armpit area (axillary hyperhidrosis).
The most common complications of liposuction include:
- Temporary bruising and swelling in and around the treated areas.
- Irritation and minor scarring around the incision sites (where cannulas were inserted).
- Baggy or rippling skin. The skin will usually tighten and retract after a few months. But in some people, especially seniors or older people, the skin may remain somewhat loose.
If you’d like to consider liposuction as part of your future cosmetic treatment plan, please contact the experts at Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center in Denver. We are happy to provide our recommendations and guide you in your decision.