Reasons Why a Tummy Tuck May Not Be Right for You
Just because a person has excess abdominal skin and fat does not automatically make him/her a good candidate for a Denver tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) surgery. During a free Cosmetic Consultation, Dr. Serota will examine your physical and emotional health to ensure that you will achieve the results you desire.
Bad Tummy Tuck Candidates
It may be recommended that you postpone tummy tuck surgery if you fall into any of these categories:
- Are overweight and want to use tummy tuck surgery as a weight loss solution
- Think you will never regain weight after tummy tuck surgery
- Plan to lose significant amounts to weight in the future
- Plan to become pregnant
- Do not want a bikini line scar
- Will not stop smoking before and after surgery
- Will not allow the proper time to heal after surgery
- Have unrealistic expectations about the outcome of surgery
- Have medical conditions that can lead to complications, such as heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, abdominal surgery scarring
The only way to know for sure if you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck in Denver, CO is to schedule a free Cosmetic Consultation. Contact us today to schedule your appointment online.
To find out more about our cosmetic procedures please contact us or take our online cosmetic self evaluation to find out what procedures might be best for you. To schedule your personal consultation with the Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center in Aurora, Colorado call 303-367-9000.