Beauty may only be skin deep, but for centuries, well-defined facial features have been considered traits of physical beauty. A strong chin provides balance and definition to the face. While expertly applied makeup can provide a temporary boost if your face lacks these traits, now there is a permanent solution to create these marks of distinction.
Permanent chin implants can provide a balanced and youthful facial profile by correcting a receding or weak chin. This procedure can enhance your facial profile by improving the overall proportion and balance of your face.
Chin implant (mentoplasty): to shape and contour the symmetry of the face
- Extend or enlarge the chin if the chin is recessed or small
- Create a more defined facial profile if the jaw or chin lack distinction
- Bring the various aspects of the face into proportion
Dr. Joseph Serota is trained to help you determine the size, shape and placement of a chin implant to create the most flattering and natural-looking facial contours.
Chin implant surgery typically takes 1-2 hours.
- General or local anesthesia or sedatives are administered.
- Incisions are made inside the lower lip, and sometimes beneath the chin.
- The chin implant is inserted into the appropriate location on the face to create the contour you desire.
- During surgery, the incisions are closed with sutures.
The recovery time will depend on the type of surgery you have and your unique healing ability, but most patients can return to work after 1 week. Expect to have some swelling and bruising for the first few days. Discomfort can be minimized by applying using an ice pack, eating soft foods and following all of Dr. Serota's post-surgery instructions.
You should always be aware of the risk of complications with any type of surgery. Risks of chin surgery may include:
- Implant shifting
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)
- Brow Lift
- Kybella© (Double Chin)
To schedule your confidential Cosmetic Consultation, call 303-367-9000.