Do you feel that you have too much fat in some areas and not enough in others? Dr. Joseph Serota has a safe and effective method to correct that imbalance.
The Solution: Fat Transfer
After liposuction became widely available in the 1980s, it became safer and easier to take fat from one body area and use it in another. It has now become an effective cosmetic surgery procedure. You can have a fat transfer to:
- Augment the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- Fill facial areas such as forehead creases and sunken areas below the eyes
- Enlarge the lips, making them fuller
A great advantage of using your own fatty tissue instead of a dermal filler or an implant is that the body recognizes the tissue and does not reject it. There is no allergic reaction.
What to Expect During Fat Transfer
A fat transfer procedure typically takes 1.5-5 hours.
- General or local anesthesia is administered.
- Fat cells are removed using liposuction - a thin cannula (hollow tube) connected to a suction device. Serotaworks with you to determine the best location on your body to remove fat.
- Serota purifies the fatty tissue, removing unwanted cells such as blood cells and connective tissue.
- He then injects the purified fat in the area to be augmented. This is done with an extremely fine needle and at a variety of depths to create a smooth contour.
Tiny blood vessels will extend to the injected tissue and nourish it, but this takes 3-4 days. In the meantime, some of the injected fat will be absorbed by the body. Therefore, Dr. Serota will inject about 30% more than will be finally needed, to offset the absorption.
Fat Transfer Recovery Period
You will need a ride home after your fat transfer procedure. Dr. Serota will give you printed instructions for self-care, and you will have a series of follow-up visits. You will have some temporary swelling and bruising and discomfort can be reduced with oral painkillers.
After Dr. Serota removes the dressings, you will be able to take showers. You might want to sleep on your stomach for a while. Complications are rare after fat transfers, but it is very important that you follow Dr. Serota's recovery instructions for best results.
Potential Risks of Fat Transfer
Following Dr. Serota's post-op instructions will help to minimize the risk of complications.
- Nerve damage or skin sensation changes
- Bruising and swelling
- Blood clots
- Fluid loss or accumulation
- Anesthesia risks
Procedures Often Performed With Fat Transfer
- Tummy Tuck
To schedule your confidential Cosmetic Consultation, call 303-367-9000.
Advanced Cosmetic Surgery Center
13701 E Mississippi Ave, Suite 220GET DIRECTIONS
Aurora, CO 80012
Phone: (303) 367-9000