Feelings of discomfort in the vaginal area can often stem from the physical attributes of the labia (the vaginal lips). Whether a genetic trait or the result of vaginal childbirth, having a loose labia can be difficult for women to handle.
The Solution: Labiaplasty Surgery in Aurora
Female genital plastic surgery can restore a woman’s sexual self-confidence and can reduce the feelings of pain and discomfort that can occur when there is a loose vaginal area. Dr. Joseph Serota performs labiaplasty surgery on external vaginal and vulvar structures to rejuvenate the appearance of this area, improve function and reduce irritation. The ultimate goal may be to:
- Change the shape and size of the labia
- Tighten the labia so it does not hang down and tug or twist in clothing
- Correct asymmetry
What to Expect During Labiaplasty Surgery
- Labiaplasty surgery typically takes 1-2 hours.
- General or local anesthesia is administered.
- One or more incisions are made in the vaginal area.
- Excess tissue is removed in the labia minora and the clitoral hood if necessary.
- The area is re-sculpted and tightened.
- The incisions are closed with sutures.
Labiaplasty Surgery Recovery
Women should expect to recover from labiaplasty for 1-2 weeks. Applying a cold pack to the area and applying a prescribed antibiotic cream can help reduce discomfort. The incision area should be kept clean. While the area is healing, you should wear loose clothing, avoid strenuous activities and avoiding smoking and being around second-hand smoke for at least 2-4 weeks. Sexual activity and the use of tampons should not be resumed for at least 4-6 weeks.
Potential Risks of Labiaplasty Surgery
You can minimize the risks of surgery by following Dr. Serota’s post-op instructions carefully.
- Pain during intercourse
To learn more about vaginal surgery in Denver, contact us to schedule a Cosmetic Consultation to find out if vagina tightening is right for you.